So I went out on Saturday and bought some bits and pieces for my "Telios" style vacuum bagging system.
This may take a while house / baby related, but I will try take some pics as I go along and let you know how things are going.
Am am going to start with a single pump system for my smaller jobs, and if things are successful I will build another.
I have also bee thinking of building a vacuum switch. I bought a nice big syringe that I thought would work quite well. If the pump releases air when off this will not work, but can always be used on other systems.
Bits still to aquire.
Metal Can to mount it in. (Have got some paint cans but they are full of paint on the top).
Wood Base. (I might have something in the shed, but untill identified it can go in this column.
Adheisive. The while ling list.
Posted by wdeighton |
Feb 08, 2009 @ 02:09 PM | 7,015 Views
This is the concept.
1) Tape all the control surfaces with diamond tape. Tape the leading edge, and trailing edge (And any other places where the mould will split.
2) Cut the Card to the profile of the wing and super glue to the leading edge and trailing edge where you want it to split.
3)12 coats of wax with 1 h in between to dry.
4) Gel cote the first side, lead to semi dry.
5) Add the chopped strand matt with resin. Not to much at first so it still has some flex.
5) Remove the card.
6)Wax other side and split exposed byt card 12 times.
7)Glass over as before.
8) Drill gixing and location holes.
9)Remove wing without breaking the moulds or the wing.
10)put the mould together, and reinforce with more glass and wood.
12)Make a wing.