Posted by cwayland |
May 30, 2007 @ 05:49 PM | 1,845 Views
So I've got these wing tips from my old wrecked Eclipse that have been previously glued and glassed from two other homebrew attempts, both failed miserably, and I'm thinking I dont have enough planes.
So now I'm back to making a fus for this wing. Rather than go through the expense and mess of making a composite fus I'm going to use some more readily available materials, a 1" birch dowel. I started by sealing the dowel so it wouldnt warp like crazy and then I used a table saw set at 1/4" depth to carve out a wing saddle and stab saddle. I then used a piece of cedar to make a sort of pylon mount for the wing. I will post pics.