Posted by TomO |
Jun 27, 2006 @ 04:54 PM | 2,744 Views
The Lynx arrived this past weekend. Yay!
The build is so simple, I just had to get started right away. Man, this thing is a balsa brick*.
There will be some kit bashing I figure. The plan is for rubber bands to attach the wing. I think I'll go with bolt-on instead. Also, the wing is planned to be sheeted with 1/16 inch balsa. Perhaps I should go with 1/32 obeechi instead? We'll see.
Then comes the how to finish question... MonoKote? Varnish? Paint?
Posted by TomO |
Jun 23, 2006 @ 05:22 PM | 2,929 Views
I haven't ever blogged before, but here goes...
I was making a list of the RC planes that I'm currently working on and scared even myself. The list looks like this:
- SmoothE: Needs new reduction gear, prop disconnects randomly.
- Pico Tiger Moth: Rudder servo needs to be remounted, otherwise OK.
- Easy Star: Needs a receiver; stolen for other planes.
- Sophisticated Lady: Wrecked - needs major rebuild.
- Spectra: Flies great, motor removed and have been flinging it with a high-start.
- Easy Glider: Servo fixed. RTF
- Windfree: Not finished building. Maybe 15% complete.
- Golden Eagle: Kit has arrived! Will start after Windfree.
- Bee: Needs major rebuild or replacement but I still fly it every time I go to the slope.
- Zagi 3C: Needs new servos. I put metal gears in some old HS81s and they don't work so well.
- LEG One-D: Needs some wrinkle smoothing. Otherwise flies very well.
- Talon: Needs to be recovered but flies well in good lift.
- Floozie: Stay tuned for the next iteration of my trash-pile aircraft!
- LEG P-51B: About 50% completed. Needs time more than anything.
- Cheetah Lynx: Kit should arrive any minute now.
- FuJart: I need to beg Andrew for wings. Not really started yet.