Posted by ivanc |
Dec 14, 2011 @ 10:42 PM | 22,787 Views
Do not do this mod unless you understand completely what is described below. If you have any questions then you are not qualified to do the mod yourself! For the same reason do not ask me questions regarding the mod as I will not reply.
If you decide to do the mod you are on your own and doing it at your own risk.
I'll start with a picture of the final product:
Check the replies to this thread for the progress on the project.
What is needed:
1. Futaba 8FG. Super or not does not matter.
2. Spektrum DM8 module for a Futaba radio.
3. Futaba trainer cord square-to-square for the square connector. A square-to-round cable can be used too as only one square connector is needed. But if you plan to mod more than one DM8 module the square-to-square trainer cord comes handy.
4. Any NPN transistor capable of at least 20V Vcbo and Vceo and 50mA Ic. I used MPSA06.
5. Resistor anywhere between 10 and 30KOhm. I used 20KOhm.
6. 5-pin gold-plated header. Needed only for the prototype. Afterwards the components will be stuffed inside the module soldered to the board.
7. One 2-position switch (SPST would do just fine). It is used to turn on and off the radio and module while the 8FG internal 2.4GHz RF circuit is not powered to save battery power. The power switch on the radio is left in the off position when used with the DM8 module.
8. Wire 20-22 AWG, preferably 4 different colors.
9. Some heatshrink tubing.
10. A good soldering station and solder. ...Continue Reading
Posted by ivanc |
Sep 10, 2006 @ 11:33 AM | 10,924 Views
S.A.D. stands for Society of Aircraft Demolishers . Each month our club elects a crasher of the month and he is given a S.A.D. patch. I've got 3 - one for my Hobbistar 60, one for the Cap 580 inverted "landing" at WOT and one for a spectacular midair between my Combat SPAD #1 and another Combat SPAD (the other guy won a S.A.D. patch too ).
BTW, these are not all the crashes I've had - the others were not so "spectacular" so I didn't win the Crasher of the Month patch . And I keep crashing...
I just received another patch (#4). For crashing the Cap 580... again.