Posted by moxjett |
Jan 31, 2008 @ 02:11 PM | 5,102 Views
I wanted a little more pull out power after hovering on my Extra 260 and the Park 480 just wasn't cutting it. I replaced it with a Torque 2830T/1095. I was going to put a Torque 2814T/820, like I have in my 3DHS 47" Extra, but as you can see in the pictures below I think it might have been a little much.
I didn't want to tear out the blind nuts and drill new holes, so I used one of my hole saw drills and drilled out a new firewall to mount to the 2830 and then used the existing blind nuts and screwed the firewall to the old firewall. The motor seems to be very sturdy. The 2830 wasn't sticking out far enough so I had to use some collars to extend out the 2830. I was going to fly it last Saturday when the weather was beautiful, but had to go out of town for the weekend. Ever since, it's been windy as hell, and this morning woke up to a fresh layer of snow, so who knows when I'll get to test out the new motor setup.