Posted by miniphase |
Oct 08, 2010 @ 03:54 AM | 8,611 Views
I cut a set of cores several years ago and tried bagging them using wax paper as a carrier. It turned out far too difficult to get all the air bubbles out from under the paper, so I ended up with a patchy finish.
The cores sat sulking in the garage, I nearly binned them when I last moved house. The other week I pulled them out from the back of the shed and decided to do a quick lashup to get the wing flying.
Well I'm glad I didn't sling them out, the wing feels rock solid in the air. Handles conditions from about 4mph up to about 13mph and has a reasonable speed range despite the 12% section. A real stress free flyer, I'll have to make a tidier version at some point.
Update...the wing has flown in 20mph wind, probably its upper limit. The coastal air was very smooth which must have helped, and the model felt solid and stable. I've always been an advocate for more reward cg positions and all the data says I could move it further back on this wing. However I'm not sure I'll bother as I like it just the way it is.