Posted by karltrek |
Feb 07, 2014 @ 04:23 PM | 3,546 Views
I thought I would create a blog post on how to reverse the shaft on a NTM Prop Drive brushless motor. Using my Mobius ActionCam I created a video of how to do it. It's very simple.
Tools you will need:
Hammer, 5mm Pin-Punch, Tiny pliers, 5mm collar. Dremel with grinding bit.
1. Get a piece of wood (I used a 4x4 block) and drill a hole larger than the shaft.
2. Unscrew the two 2mm grub screws that lock the shaft to the motor can.
3. Remove the retaining c-clip and also a washer next to it.
4. Pull the motor apart.
5. Position the can with the shaft down the hole on the block of wood.
6. Take a 5mm Pin-Punch and hammer the shaft into the hole.
7. You need to make a new flat spot on the shaft for the new grub screw position. And one on the end for a new 5mm collar that replaces the retaining c-clip. Measure where the new grub screw position will be on the shaft and mark with a sharpie. Use a Dremel with a grinding bit to make the new flat spots.
8. Position the shaft so that the new flat spot is aligned with the grub screw hole and hammer it back in. Leave enough space on the end for the new 5mm collar.