Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
rab's blog
Archive for May, 2009
Posted by rab | May 31, 2009 @ 10:21 PM | 3,439 Views
You can see the Viggen's nose is all fixed, it's been flying very well. In front you can see my new toy. The heli seems to be working pretty well, but it is going to be some time before I can fly it very well.

- Allen
Posted by rab | May 04, 2009 @ 09:43 PM | 3,916 Views
The Viggen's shattered nose back has been put back together, there were not too many pieces. There was one fragment missing, I patched in a new bit of depron there. Then since the lower side of the nose was getting abraded by landings I put some light weight fiber glass cloth on the nose with thinned white glue.

- Allen
Posted by rab | May 03, 2009 @ 01:36 PM | 3,261 Views
So on the dZee I put fins on the end of the main wing, turns out that is too much of a good thing. I could not get it to turn. I had enough differential in the ailerons that it should have turned. I found I could put a little bend in one fin or the other and get the plane to make a flat turn in one direction or the other depending on the bend. Since I really don't want to put a fourth servo on this plane I am going to move the fin inboard were it was on previous instances of this plane.

The nose of the Viggen has glued back together easy enough, it was only missing one smallish fragment. I think I am going to put some light weight fg on the bottom of the nose for abrasion resistance. The pink foam nose cone was more abraded then I thought. Paint matching will be challenging if not impossible.

I've been researching heli basics as I have the parts for my HK450 on the way.

- Allen