Test flew yesterday. Not perfect weather. Slightly gusty. Scared me that it started porpoising and I added all the down trim the radio would take. Flew pretty good after that. It really can flair out on landing. Just like a bird. No Flaps. I tried flying without the Dual rates on and it was extremely twitchy. With Dual rate on it behaved rather tame. This is basically a test bed for finishing techniques and flying characteristics for my Stella. No Fowler on this plane. Basically stock Super Cub innards and wing with the exception of the modified tail and ailerons. Stock DX4e transmitter too so none of my fancy expo and mixes. Came home and reduced the elevator throw significantly and finished off the landing gear to make it look more scale. The funny thing was that the elevator looked perfectly even with all the down trim from the radio. I could have sworn it was centered before the maiden flight.
I also ordered the graphics to copy the L-5 OY-1 at the Planes of Fame Museum.
Finally finished a project. I did this in two weeks. I have so many unfinished planes that I am braking my arm patting myself on the back for completing this. It's not perfect, but at least it's different and more importantly done.