Well, the fuse is about 1/2 done and now just needs some 1/16 sheeting on the front half up and including the door. The back half of the bird will just be covered with coverite. I'm not too happy with my lightening holes and I cut out the main bulkhead that holds the front of the wing too much in my opinion. Right now the whole thing as is in the picture weighs 3.46oz. I haven't scratch built anything in five years and feel like every cut is a possible mistake. No confidence. I dream about this thing at night. I envy whoever can use foam and build decent looking semi-scale planes. I have all the electronics, but have yet to weigh them yet. I want to be at 20oz less battery.
After flying my Hobbyzone Super Cub all summer I really got hooked on electrics. The Cub is a stable and relaxing flyer that I can fly at small parks around my house. The warbird bug bit me a long time ago and though I like flying the Cub I wanted a warbird that flew like a Cub and maybe a little better, so I decided to scratch build a Japanese Ki-76 Stella which compares favorably to the Cub. In fact, I intend to use the Hobbyzone wing on the Stella fuselage. Using three view drawings and a projector I outlined the plans to size. I always use a jig and so far, have had very few technical issues. But I don't want to jinks it.
Chop it, cut it, bash it
started slope flying R/C in 1978 progressed to 1/2A then Stand Off scale warbirds. Competed in Pylon gas. Now into Foamie electrics