After a long wait, still no stock at hk for 2mm prop adapters, so ordered 4 from al's hobbies uk yesterday, and turned up today! yay!
So fitted props to motors now, and looking all the better for it. Although they are the collet type, they centralize nicely, and look pretty with the red cones. Also, as i wanted to run led's on her, i tested 2 3mm ones, pressed into the tube undercarriage, and work very well. So i shall run blue for front, and either red or orange for the back.
made some landing gear, using some used glow bracelets/sticks, as used on my lama night flights, lol!
Cut the ends off, disposed of the used fluid safely, and cut to right length. I used longer bolts on the outer motor mount, and some small rubber automotive grommets on the other, pressed into the arms. Easy to replace quickly, light, and cheap!
Also made battery mount plate, out of scrap carbon plate.
Motors finally arrived today, so got busy.......
they look a bit small! even though i have seen plenty of 10" micro's running these motors....... anyway, moving on.....
all fitted, looking good! while i was at it, decided on a dome to protect the board, and came across a blessing in disguise. our local petrol station has a vending machine outside it, selling little toys in a ball for a pound. so, used the clear part as the dome, and utilised the little slot in it so that it lines up with the adjustment pots. my thinking being, that a screwdriver will fit through to allow fine tuning of the pots without removing the dome! !
next on the list to sort is esc's, landing gear, battery holder.....
Carbon sheet arrived today, so got busy cutting, sanding and drilling, lol. The 2 sandwich plates for the arms and the mount for the kk board all done now, so yet another dry build to see what its looking like!
Hope you like the pics!
Decided to use 4x 10g motors, which are ordered and on way from hobbyking, then they can be fitted.
This is a completely different avenue for me to take.......
a small 10" motor to motor quadcopter!
I am making the frame myself, out of alloy 15mm square tube, and sheet carbon for the center plates.
So far, so good, alloy cut and shaped, then drilled out to save weight, waiting on the carbon to arrive so i can cut it to size. The cardboard templates have been cut and the thing assembled to visualize what it will look like!
The lower plate has a 'nose' to it, as that is where i would like to place a keychain cam at some stage. The bolts i have used so far are button head m2.5x20 with nuts, in stainless.
I have the kk blackboard as the brain, gws 5030 props(2x counterclockwise, 2x clockwise),the other parts are yet to be figured out.