Posted by jokeane |
Mar 15, 2009 @ 05:25 PM | 2,634 Views
I finally got a short flight in of my AT-6 today. The field was a bit wet (squishy) and it was fairly windy. The good news was I had PLENTY of power, good speed and climb. CG seemed good.
The AT-6 took off in about 10' as I taxed at 60% throttle into the wind. It proceeded to get really small, really fast! I also found out that my ailerons were far too sensitive even on low rates. I nearly lost orientation in the distance... the fact that that bottom and top of the wings have the same colors in the same place was not helping. After I settled down, I flew a couple of circuits and then brought it in for a very ugly landing which ended in a nose over. No damage other than a little mud. I'm going to blame the nose over on a combination of poor piloting and soft conditions for now.
I'll tweak out the controls, maybe dial in some expo. The field should be dried out in a few days if the weather holds. More details soon!