HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Blueshy's blog
Archive for January, 2012
Posted by Blueshy | Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:29 PM | 3,136 Views
Well I did it. Took me about 6 hours to finish both (Tx and Rx pair) of them to my satisfaction. I messed up numerous times (twice) and had to start completely over. Those mistakes were on the Cloverleaf by IBCrazy which I found particularly difficult compared to the straightforward Turbine by Hugeone.

The geometry of the Cloverleaf I am still not 100% sure about but it must be close enough as when I tested the two antennas on the table it worked and the video looked very good. I am also happy to report that the Turbine is doing a fine job limiting the interference from my RC Tx which on the old linear omni antenna had problems with scrolling bands if placed closer than 5 feet to the Tx. If all goes well on the ground range test and subsequent flight around the soccer fields I'll take this plane and throw it off the side of Reser Stadium.

Also I fixed a problem that occurred last time I went flying. My rudder servo was stuck all the way to the right and no stick input would change that. This problem was discovered on the ground before flying so I ended up just pulling the servo and flying with ailerons/elevator only for that flight. Today I traced every step in the signal path from my Tx to the "faulty" servo which I found out is not so faulty after all. After checking that the servo indeed worked fine I thought that the wiring somewhere in the tail boom must have become damaged and disconnected. But after testing both ends with my multimeter I discovered...Continue Reading