Posted by bbrstorm |
Oct 10, 2010 @ 01:04 AM | 4,236 Views
Been taking a break from helis and really enjoying my GWS slow sticks. I few buddies are into night flying and got me into it.
Night Flying is really a lot of fun and these slow sticks give you a nice sized, easy to fly and inexpensive planes work very well for this. They are easy to learn on and I think easier to fly and get your orientation with a good light pattern. You'll see on mine that I have RED and White on top and Blue and Green on the bottom. The arrow design makes orientation very easy to see a lot of fun to fly.
Now that I have enough experience flying. I'm now able to fly it in the street out front and it brings out all the neighbors to come see the UFO lol.
- GWS Slowstick - $30 (Basic plane)
- 1050 Alpha 370 -$11 Hobbypartz.com
- 30amp ESC - $11 Hobbypartz.com ( yes you could use 18amp +)
- 2 x Tpro Servos - $6
- LED Lights - about $40 from hobbyking for all the colors and enough for 2 planes.
- Dubro Wheels and Linkage $10
- Cheap 2.4 RX/TX $30-50 depending on what you get.
- Steerable tail wheel for slow sticks $5 - LHS
That's it, well except for all the soldering and wiring
The slow stick is a fine flyer as it is but you can really stiffen it up and get a little more our of it. It's very durable and if you crash, tape and CA typically fix you right up in a few minutes.
There are a few mods I did to improve the overall performance and longevity of the plane.
1. Down and right thrust. 2 washers takes care of this. You want to do...Continue Reading