June 2014: Barely been flying at all, but now DX6i aileron pot is faulty. Send in again?
July 2012: Have barely used the DX6i, favor the DX6 instead. Will need to send it in again - the scroll wheel is very "jumpy." It isn't broken. Very tough to use now! I called Horizon, and they didn't offer to send a part, just to have a look at it. Is it worth it? Hmmm. This hasn't been the best radio for me.
July 2010: Decided to send in DX6i for repair. Voltage display jumps when model memory set to use an AR6000 receiver. Strange behaviour when getting model ready to fly, so thought prudent thing would be to get it checked out. Here's hoping it isn't too expensive. I almost hope they find something, so it isn't a random, unfixed glitch.
Shipping to Horizon cost $22. Estimated 11 day delivery (July 16th.) Insurance does not cover damage (what???) Just loss. So lets hope they stomp on the box, and THEN loose it! Grrr. Shipping would have been cheaper if I was able to get the weight down by .3 kg, but I used a nice heavy box with the foam transmitter case inside. I hope it will be good enough.
I have "shipping remorse" now - hoping I've made the right choice to ship it back, and that I've packed it well enough. We'll see.
July 5: Package in Richmond.
July 6: Package in "Destination Country"
July 12: Recieved by Horizon
July 13: Ready to ship! I am impressed. My AR6000 checked out ok. For the DX6i, they changed the CPU, updated firmware,...Continue Reading
Posted by ColinB |
Jan 19, 2009 @ 12:25 PM | 2,875 Views
January 2011 - Sold the Honeybee to a good new owner. Hope it gives him lots of use and fun.
March 21st, 2009 - About the 15th flight, and first crash. Broke the rotor head. Have not checked for other damage. Flew in too much wind, too little practise. May be suffering from oscilations (because I don't think it was my over controlling.
January 18th 2009 - First flight of the Honeybee FP.
Just a few test hovers at the end of the driveway. I was impressed at how smooth it was. It must be reasonably balanced. It seemed like left/right controls were more sensitive than for/aft.
Kit arrived Sept 8 2008. Not sure when I'll have time to start them!
Started the lil Squirt Oct 17th 2008.
Landing gear done.
Total time: Approx 6 hrs. Slow, I know, but half the time is spent double checking myself - thinking "It can't be THAT easy!" But it is!
- Fuselage and wings ready to seal. Am having to wait for decent weather, since I don't want to use the Deft finish inside.
April 3 2009
- First flight. Went really well. Was able to take off from a baseball diamond and cruise around. Fairly stable, and pretty slow. Still have to dress it up a little. Man, am I a slow builder!
Posted by ColinB |
Jan 29, 2008 @ 04:10 PM | 3,234 Views
Aug 2012 - Bought Lighthawk 1 DLG from Roger.
Aug 2012 - Sold KL Special
August 2011 - Losi Micro Trail Trekker (micro crawler.)
March 2011 - Sold Blade mCX. Great heli, just didn't use it.
January 2011 - Parkzone Radian PNP.
January 2011 - Sold Honeybee FP.
August 2010 - Parkzone Night Vapor. Flies nice and slow in the yard.
August 2008 - Steven's Aero Lil Squirt and Mudbug are on their way! Am enjoying flying the Dandy Sport the best. Still have to build the Yardbird F-22.
April 2008 - Superfly flies great. Using 8 and 10 cell 2/3aa packs. Also tried it with 6 and 8 cell aaa packs. They work, but don't hold up their voltage for long. Ordered a 6 celll 2/3aa pack to try.
Hit a goalpost with the Superfly. No damage, aside from an elevon that broke loose. Amazing!
Have not started on the Yardbird F-22 yet.
March 10, 2008 - Superfly Nearly complete. Not that it takes long to build - I just don't have much time to build. Had to move most components a bit to allow the plane to balance with my AAA and 2/3aa battery packs, but I think I did it.
Servos, motor and canopy each moved back slightly to allow for a heavier battery pack. We'll see if it works...
Feb 11, 2008 - Superfly arrived from SuperFlyRC. Yay!
January 29, 2008
I ordered a Yardbird RC YB-22 park jet and a SuperFlyRC Superfly flying wing. Hope to have these ready to go by May for the spring 2008 Chilliwack electric fly in!
Posted by ColinB |
Aug 16, 2007 @ 01:08 PM | 3,441 Views
Have noticed the Dandy wants to climb too strongly. I lowered the angle of attack of the wing, which helped a little. Moving the CG back helped much more. It now flies more like I feel it should. Looking forwards to more flights to test it out.
Still flying the Dandy regularly. It flies great!
March 9, 2008
Flights 5 and 6. Tried flying the IMAC Basic sequence. In the wind. Very, very difficult! Dandy seems to climb too strongly under power - will have to work on trimming the plane.
First taxi test. Seems good. Just waiting for better weather (and daylight.)
Most parts built, wing covered. Very slight modifications to fuse required to allow motor to fit. Next tasks: connect ailerons, cover and finish fuse.
August 15 2007. Kit arrived safely from Mountain Models.
Wing nearly complete. Aug 21 2007.
Wing ready for sanding. Aug 24 2007.
Wing sanded, fuse nearly complete. Found Custom CDR motor does not fit, as I bought the radial mount type. It is the radial mounting parts that do not fit in the fuselage. Sept 7 2007.