Posted by oilfield1 |
Jul 25, 2010 @ 02:46 AM | 3,567 Views
Well after much waiting around for parts from hobbico i decided to just fix it myself with other parts.I started out my sandin the old motor mount off.The i used some 1/8 panel to construct a new firewall.I used a Great Planes small motor mount paired with a Rimfire 400 28-30-950kv motor.Also uprraded the landing gear with aluminum main and 5/32 nose gear and new Dubro wheels.It is a slightly heavier but not by much.Also had to bend a new pushrod for the nose gear.Anyways Im no pro but here are the pics.
Posted by oilfield1 |
Apr 26, 2010 @ 12:29 AM | 2,641 Views
Went over to Primers house to setup the 600 again.Still had a few problems programming the DX7 but looks like we have most everything figured out.Still a few odds and ends to tie up but its looking good.Helicopters,ribeye steaks and good friends.....what a great day!
Well got the 600 rebuilt after the destruction last weekend....had to replace TT gears,main rotor blades,tail rotor blades,Flybar,tail shaft,Torque tube,boom,supports,rear bulkhead,9254 case and 9252 gears.She is all new again and ready to go.
Well after many many days of collecting parts and preparing the bird for its maiden flight it all came together on Saturday.Well things obviously didnt go as well as planned as you will see in the pictures.I gave my friend Kris(Primer) a call to see if he would help me do the final setup and he agreed so i went over.We rechecked all of the linkages and settings,changed the blades to woodies and then proceeded to strap the heli down to the picnic table so just in case things when wrong the heli wouldnt be chasing us.Good thing....The heli started up and the rotor started to spin at full throttle,not a huge problem until one of the cyclic servo wires appearantly got caught in the pinion gear alowing the blades to pitch wildly...the blades then struck the boom and discentegrated along with the main gear thankfully allowing the rotor to come to a stop.After checking on Kris to make sure he was ok i checked myself for holes and splinters that were not there before and had none.Thank God for Kris suggesting that we strap it down.Upon further inpection Kris found that the wires were zip ties to close to the pinion which caused the servo failure and that the throttle trim in the Tx was not correct.Even though we were unsucsessful in getting the Heli airborn I must thank Primer for the help....I know he was just sick about the heli but hey....what can you do really...It happens.It did aproximately $140 worth of damage which is no big deal.We did get to fly his 600 and man that thing is smooth.I cant wait to get mine going again so HURRY UP Heliproz and Readyheli and get those parts to me!And a big thanks to Primer for the help,advice and invite.I had a blast dispite the little mishap!