HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
microflitedude's blog
Archive for January, 2010
Posted by microflitedude | Jan 29, 2010 @ 12:35 PM | 6,061 Views
I recently destroyed my Microfighter F-22, and decided to rebuild it.
I picked up one of those Jetfire gliders, and planned to mount the electronics onto it. I sharpied it with a Gee Bee trim scheme. I mounted the electronics onto it, and covered the wing surfaces and vert/horizontal stabs with packing tape to strengthen it. I went out to fly, (there were 5 MPH winds) it was hectic. It got tossed around and chucked back to earth, pulling two of the motor wires from the RX board.
I soldered them back, and tried again. same thing. I changed the motors from an angle, to no angle. the same thing happened 2 more times, but then I came out at sunset, and it flew like a dream - must have been the wind. Climbed steadily, no more throttle problems, and it can turn rather sharply, so it can preform minor aerobatics. Looks great in the air, and glides really well, too. I came in to sharply on a turn and cracked the fuse in half and the wires.
Hot-glued it back together, soldered the wires back, and continued flying until it was too full of glue to do fly anymore. It was a lot of fun, I'll do it again when my other Microfighter loses it's airframe.