4G6 upgrade with v120D02S parts - part 2
Over the holidays I took my newly upgraded 4G6 to the field to finally get to test the new receiver out in a large open space. Everything was going fine at first. So I tried flipping it. It was one of my flights of the day. So the flip wasn't very smooth. Right after the flip the heli. started loosing power. Then it was lagging on responding to my inputs and it started going down. I fought it for a couple of seconds and then I decided to hit throttle hold while I was still a few feet off the ground, to prevent damage during the crash. Well that backfired. I saw something white go flying when the heli. hit the grass. When I went to pick it up I noticed one of the blades had broken off at the root. Also the pin holding the main gear had destroyed the part of the gear that was held in place on the main shaft by the pin.
A couple of days later I had the heli back together with the new blades from the V120D02s. While putting it back together I noticed that the cyclic servos were binding at the ends of travel. I also had to replace one of the servos. I adjusted the servo travel to eliminate the binding. Then I swapped out the battery connectors for micro deans. I took the heli up for another hover.
Here is what happened.