Archive for May, 2010
Also started working on a WWI styled prop nut. Its really just the washer all gussied up. I got a basic 1" fender washer with a 5/16" hole in the middle. Then a bunch of really small screws with nuts and 30-minute epoxied them in place. I have some money shot of what it will somewhat look like in the end with the dummy motor, new prop and nut washer.I'll let the epoxy set until I can get to my dremel to cut off some of the thread length. They are too long for me to actually tighten the washer once it is all on the prop hub. Also needs some paint.
ImagesView all Images in thread
Well, got a new prop in the mail. My first time really spending over 8$ for a prop but I had to have it for the project I am working on. Xoar pulled through on this one but I have to say I was a little dissatisfied. The prop came painted but not with the painting as advertised. http://www.xoarintl.com/props/model-...tar-light.html See below for what I got. While 3 of the 4 lines on the prop were nice I do have one smudgy line. Also... no rivet dots. Not really any big deal but I was expecting them. While the finish is flawless the painted tips were left lacking and it came perfectly balanced.