HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Aethertek's blog
Posted by Aethertek | May 24, 2009 @ 11:39 PM | 2,679 Views
Alright finally finished milling my new chassis parts.
Came out okay weight wise only 65g & the parts that they replace weigh 115g,
so even with the chassis stretch of 4.25" I should be below stock.

I'll post the finished assembly when done.

Kevin~

Well came out to 82.6 grams with the side rods & assembly epoxy, still not bad considering the stretch & I'm over an ounce less weight than stock.
Considering how stiff the beam construction turned out I could make another with 1/32 dragonplate instead of 1/16 & drop more weight.
Posted by Aethertek | May 12, 2009 @ 05:09 PM | 2,732 Views
Okay like most of my projects this one is taking on a life of its own.
Progress is being made, however slowly.
Decided on a new heatsink for the esc as the original was not attached to the mosets properly.
They use a conductive tape but it's not two sided tape so the sink will flop around, not good.
Then I noticed that the original was a little small so I decided to machine a new slightly larger sink from some I had lying around.
Also had to modify the plastic case (not much) to accommodate the larger sink.
While not terribly bigger it does have a thicker base & more surface area.
Posted by Aethertek | May 05, 2009 @ 04:00 PM | 2,714 Views
Bought a mini baja this year just to have something to knock around with in the shop yard & its a nice little truggy but I want to make some changes.

I intend to lengthen the frame a few inches as the wheel base is too short & it likes to turtle too much.

So first I need longer driveshafts, & since I'm trying to drop some weight I decided to use titanium ball ends with a carbon fiber shaft.