HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
bsbauman's blog
Archive for November, 2010
Posted by bsbauman | Nov 04, 2010 @ 09:45 PM | 7,103 Views
Did not get much done tonight... cut all necessary openings in the covering for servos, aileron leads, horizontal stabilizer and elevator, and air exit hole on the bottom of tail. I sealed all openings with a sealing iron and I put threadloc on the LG and installed wheelpants.

I also bought four HS-82mg servos and they are a drop in fit. I have large CF servo arms that I plan on using on all surfaces. Rudder will be pull-pull but I am not sure where I will be mounting it. There are three options, in the tail and set up as push-pull, mid fuse in the center for pull-pull, or a third option under the motor box is also for pull-pull.

Also, I thought I would note I have made some simple changes to the Addiction-X on the Real Flight g5.5 sim. I moved battery forward to y=1.1. I also changed battery to a 3s 2200 from a 5s 2500. It still has gobs of power, hovers as easy as before, but the change in CG has tremendously improved level flight, both upright and inverted and makes landing far easier a task to do without stalling...

Anyway, more pics to come; I hope to make some real progress in the next few days. I do not want to seal aileron hinges yet until I get electronics installed and programmed. I want to be sure I have 100% full throws before I seal them up.

Until next time,

BB
Posted by bsbauman | Nov 03, 2010 @ 01:15 PM | 7,553 Views
Last night I was able to install landing gear, and hinged the control surfaces on the ailerons and elevator. I have not CA'd the hinges to the wings or horizontal stabilizer yet, but hope to complete the hinges this evening...
Posted by bsbauman | Nov 02, 2010 @ 04:56 PM | 8,316 Views
Well, I have not had a post in a while so I thought I would document this Addiction X's build...

It arrived today, with everything securely packaged and double boxed it arrived safely. A closer inspection revealed no warps in the wood or damaged parts so I did an inventory check and read the manual. I started by hinging the ailerons. While I can clearly see where the hinge slots are underneath the covering, none of them were of sufficient size so they were enlarged with a new x-acto blade. I took my time here, not wanting to break a rib or an aileron...

I will put up some more pics and my build as it goes. I'd like to finish hinging ailerons and elevator tonight. Tomorrow, I plan on cutting the necessary holes in the covering, installing landing gear and hinging rudder.