HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
jmoore's blog
Posted by jmoore | May 16, 2010 @ 08:18 PM | 2,130 Views
delete
Posted by jmoore | Feb 21, 2010 @ 07:23 PM | 2,270 Views
I cut mine using 1.75 X 12 dimensions for the ailerons (see pics) and cut out a pocket to lay the servos in sideways. At first, I left the dihedral in and would suggest you to do the same until you get use to the extra control authority. On the 2nd wing that I modded, I used the same dimensions and took the dihedral out. There are a couple of different ways to take it out. I really enjoy the added performance of the flat wing with ailerons and have never gone back to using the dihedral wing with ailerons.
Posted by jmoore | Jan 19, 2010 @ 08:00 PM | 2,193 Views
The new Hobbyzone floats work great. Here's some pics from an afternoon of float flying this past summer.
Posted by jmoore | Dec 02, 2008 @ 09:04 PM | 3,155 Views
I started flying back in May of this year and I am so glad that I took the advice of the many contributers to the SC thread here on RC Groups. I bought mine off ebay with a defective receiver and upgraded everything to hobby grade electronics right from the start. I found the SC to be a perfect easy to fly trainer that got me going fast. My learning curve was fairly quick and I soon desired a bit more of a challenge and performed the aileron mod as so many others have done. I basically followed Ty Horns blog instructions but made mine 1.75" X 12" and they work great.

Alas my MO JO finally ran out a few days ago when I dumb thumbed myself into a spin at tree top level. Augered it in at a fairly high rate of speed. Damage assessment was broken right wing, tail piece snapped off, destroyed engine, gearbox and motor mount.

After getting it home and looking it over, I got over the disappointment of the dumb move, and went to work making repairs. I used 30 minute epoxy and rigged up some clamps on the workbench to keep the wing in place tight while the epoxy set. Tailpiece was a fairly easy repair once I figured out how to add in a bamboo skewer and set up a simple rig to hold the tailpiece tight to the fuselage as the glue set.

As many have said, the SC is one tough airframe and I was really surprised at how the foam although broken stayed intact even though this was a fairly violent crash. The pieces went back together like jigsaw puzzles and was...Continue Reading