Posted by mikegbogh |
Dec 08, 2009 @ 08:45 AM | 16,257 Views
In 2008 I scratch built a really big semi-scale DG500 (8mtrs), at the time I built a big flat square wing joiner of carbon fibre , unfortunately the wings have very little di-hedral and in its 2 x flights one in 2008 and one in 2009 , this glider never quite looked right with the flat wing and upright winglets.
It weighs 16kg and is a monster to handle on the ground , but flies and thermals well off the slope.
Anyway long story short, I cut the winglets off and changed the tips, In my view it looks a whole lot better, it flies again in a few weeks time and it will be interesting to see its new look in the air.