HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
rstein9's blog
Posted by rstein9 | Nov 03, 2007 @ 09:16 AM | 2,408 Views
went out thursday around 2. started out sunny but when the fog started coming in the lift got really good. Flew until around 4 when it got so foggy I could barely see my plane.

Laid down on the log to rest and wait for sun.....fell asleep woke up it was dark and I was cold.

Another great sb day!
Posted by rstein9 | Oct 30, 2007 @ 09:10 AM | 2,233 Views
Flew Sunday with Dana, Dan and Ron up at Farren road. Started out light but got really lift and windy later on. Managed to keep my plane up for almost 3 hours.

dana flew his eg and es, dan his aula and ron his sleek looking fiberglass job....that goes really fast.

monday was really unsettled with winds shifting all over the compass.

hopefully, today will be better.

herb
Posted by rstein9 | Oct 18, 2007 @ 10:11 AM | 2,348 Views
wanted to do a field check...so i went over to lake carneros.
Flew on power for a while.....found some thermals out over the homes to the east.

went to land and got tipped up and somehow crashed on the road! what a bummer. But an hours work with the shoo goo and ca and am back in business.

Have to work on my landings.
Posted by rstein9 | Oct 17, 2007 @ 08:34 AM | 2,389 Views
Dana maidened his new ez glider that he got from Dan Wiley....over at Ellwood. Wind very strong...around 20 but too westerly. We picked up and headed to Farren Road.

Winds even stronger there....Dana flew for a half hour....the ez didn't go into the wind very fast....just barely penetrated....but then the wind was howling. Dana found some thermals....but got kicked out pretty quick.

I couldn't....or was scared to fly my ez star....my rule is if my baseball cap won't stay on my head....I don't fly....but had a great time watching the glider.

Hope to get my ez glider electric going next week.
Posted by rstein9 | Oct 16, 2007 @ 07:46 AM | 2,565 Views
Around 3. Had to wait for an hour for the sun to go to a place where it wasn't directly in my eyes.

Not any wind despite the forecast.

Drove up to Farren road but same problem with sun. Got to get out earlier ....or later.