Posted by Zero3803 |
May 02, 2010 @ 06:08 PM | 3,121 Views
I had a mishap yesterday where flying in high winds caused my cub to be knocked into a hard downward spiral. I was able to barely pull out at the last second, and reduce some of the speed, but there was not enough altitude or speed to recover so she stalled. The right wing tip section was completely smashed, the fuselage where the wings attach was torn out on the right side, and the wing tube bent quite a bit. I figured since I had been thinking about doing this for a while now that this was the perfect opportunity.
I spent today repairing all the damage, and strengthening any damaged joints. I plan to brush the final repair areas with some thinned epoxy.
In addition, I began the clipping process on the left wing. The last section of the wing was completely removed (before the rounded tip). The tip of the wing has 2 ply tabs that extend into the main section of the wing which I retained and simply cut new slots for after the trimming process.
As for the new covering scheme...here is what I had planned: