Simple idea: I mounted the new motor to the stock motor mount using extra stock motor mount screws and a piece of wood I had laying around.
I placed the stock motor mount upside down on top of the piece of wood and traced the screw holes and center opening with a Sharpie. Then I drilled those holes out first to see if they interfered with the new motor mount on top. I laid the new mounting bracket that came with the motor on top of the wood making sure it did not cover up the stock motor mount screws and traced an outline then marked the holes. I secured the piece of wood to the stock motor mount using the old motor mount screws. Then I secured the new motor to the piece of wood. I had to trim the edges of the wood so I could tighten the screws that secure the motor mount to the firewall.
Posted by Hack73 |
Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:20 AM | 3,510 Views
It isn't quite done but to give you a quick peep at it. I quickly painted the busted up cowl I had in order to take the pictures. I ordered a new cowl throught my LHS but it won't be here until sometime next week. It is suppose to be a dark grey but it looks more like a dark olive.
Plane was first sanded down with 400 grit sand paper then wiped down with a damp cloth. After it dryed, I used Minwax waterbased polycrylic to seal the foam before painting (2 coats) then sanded down with 1500 grit sand paper. Sprayed on the paint (2 coats) then sealed it with the polycrylic (1 coat). Dryed then applied stickers (small amount of polycrylic over the stickers to keep them peeling up).
The rear logo is a Phoenix emblem I found online and printed out on Waterslide decal paper using an inkjet printer. I coated with Minwax waterbased polycrylic to keep the ink from running when it was time to soak it in...Continue Reading