Posted by gtfreeflyer |
Jun 09, 2009 @ 08:03 PM | 5,105 Views
(not necessarily in this order)
1. Goldberg J3 Cub - Kit - Glow - My first plane - Been hanging collecting dust for many many years now.
2. Some ARF trainer - I can't remember which one it was. Superstar? - Glow - Crashed into tree, RIP.
3. Avistar trainer - ARF - Glow - Lost orientation, RIP.
4. Fun Tiger Extra profile plane - ARF - Glow - Flew the heck out of this until it was done with, RIP.
5. Sig Four Star 40 - Kit - Glow - Bad Rx battery, RIP.
6. Kyosho Cap 21 - ARF - Glow - Bad Rx battery, RIP.
7. Top Flite P40 Warhawk - 60 size - Kit - Glow - Bad Rx battery, RIP.
8. Hirobo Shuttle Z .30 size Heli - Glow - Sold to pay for some boat repairs.
9. Top Flite F4U Corsair - 60 size - Kit - Electric conversion - Needs repairs from a hard landing.
10. Great Planes Super Sportster EP - ARF - Electric - Ripped the wings off during high G manuever, RIP.
11. Cessna 337 Skymaster - ARF - Electric - Someone switched onto my Tx channel, RIP.
12. Low wing balsa sport plane, forgotten name - Electric - Bad LiPo caused motor to cut out on takeoff climbout, RIP
13. Vimar Twin Otter - ARF - Electric - Midair, RIP.
14. Vimar Twin Otter - ARF - Electric - (Replacement of above) - Active.
15. Phil Kraft Quic Fly - Kit - Electric conversion - Under construction.
16. HobbyKing HK450- Kit - Electric Heli - Active
17. E-Flite P-38 Lightning - ARF - Electric - Active
18. Exi-500 Carbon Edition - Kit - Electric Heli - Active
19. Great Planes Edge 540T 49.5" - ARF - Electric - Many, many flights. Needs repairs from a hard landing.
20. Helimax 1SQ Quadcopter - RTF - Electric - Lost high up in a tree. Never recovered. RIP.
21. Custom designed and built Cargo Plane - Active
22. 3D Hobby Shop AJ Slick 42" - Active
1. JR Maxx 6, Ch 25 - Sold
2. JR Maxx 6, Ch 35 - Sold
3. JR XP662, Ch 58 - For sale, make offer. I have 2 or 3 Rx's.
4. Futaba 7C, 2.4 GHz - I love this thing.
Posted by gtfreeflyer |
Jun 09, 2009 @ 12:07 AM | 5,383 Views
Here's my latest project. First of all, thanks so much to Carl for giving me this kit for free after knowing me for only 2 or 3 days. So kind of him This is the Quic Fly vintage RC plane designed by Phil Kraft many many years ago.
The first photo is of Carl's Quic Fly. It has a fully sheeted and glassed fuselage, painted to match the monokote wing. The wing is glassed where ever there is balsa sheeting underneath. Carl let me fly this plane and it flies like it's on rails. It's a real good flyer.
I'll be building my Quic Fly for electric power, and I'll add retracts. My paint/covering scheme will also be quite different.