Posted by Cruzsin |
Oct 14, 2007 @ 05:32 PM | 4,081 Views
I decided it was time to get one of my "old school" airplanes back in the air.
My Songbird needed a few fixes,so I began a complete rebuild.Originally 78",I had cut the wing down to 72" when I first built it.I glassed the entire wing, rather then monocote,then painted it .
I had also made the horizontal a flying stab rather then a flapper when I first built her and decided to keep that feature.
The fuse,always the weak point in JM glasscraft kits,really needed work.I ran carbon throughout the wing saddle area.I also put on an extra layer of 4 oz glass on the outside of the wing saddle area and the entire vertical section.