Posted by wmcneal |
Jan 19, 2009 @ 06:20 PM | 5,579 Views
Santa brought me a couple of new airplanes this year. So here is the first one I have finished so far. The old reliable Hobbyzone Super Cub.
I bought all the spare parts separately and assembled this one from scratch with a Turnigy 3536-1100 outrunner motor. I seached for a long time online to find a paint scheme that appealed to me and I finally settled on the blue starburst pattern. i think it came out pretty well.
The plane flies just great and has plenty of power for short takeoffs and vertical climbs. I may need to add flaps to shorten the landings a bit though. I replaced the flimsy landing gear wires with some more sturdy 1/8 steel piano wire and put on some 3.25" Dave Brown foam wheels. I am still looking for some better looking tundra tires, but these will have to do for now.
Oh yea, and the box its sitting on is my next project, already underway.