Will report back later this week but first impressions are great. This is tough, durable, fleece lined, large enough for the 11x, elastic cuffs, integrated neck and waist straps, with very ridged base and sidewalls.
Did not get much done tonight... cut all necessary openings in the covering for servos, aileron leads, horizontal stabilizer and elevator, and air exit hole on the bottom of tail. I sealed all openings with a sealing iron and I put threadloc on the LG and installed wheelpants.
I also bought four HS-82mg servos and they are a drop in fit. I have large CF servo arms that I plan on using on all surfaces. Rudder will be pull-pull but I am not sure where I will be mounting it. There are three options, in the tail and set up as push-pull, mid fuse in the center for pull-pull, or a third option under the motor box is also for pull-pull.
Also, I thought I would note I have made some simple changes to the Addiction-X on the Real Flight g5.5 sim. I moved battery forward to y=1.1. I also changed battery to a 3s 2200 from a 5s 2500. It still has gobs of power, hovers as easy as before, but the change in CG has tremendously improved level flight, both upright and inverted and makes landing far easier a task to do without stalling...
Anyway, more pics to come; I hope to make some real progress in the next few days. I do not want to seal aileron hinges yet until I get electronics installed and programmed. I want to be sure I have 100% full throws before I seal them up.
Last night I was able to install landing gear, and hinged the control surfaces on the ailerons and elevator. I have not CA'd the hinges to the wings or horizontal stabilizer yet, but hope to complete the hinges this evening...
Well, I have not had a post in a while so I thought I would document this Addiction X's build...
It arrived today, with everything securely packaged and double boxed it arrived safely. A closer inspection revealed no warps in the wood or damaged parts so I did an inventory check and read the manual. I started by hinging the ailerons. While I can clearly see where the hinge slots are underneath the covering, none of them were of sufficient size so they were enlarged with a new x-acto blade. I took my time here, not wanting to break a rib or an aileron...
I will put up some more pics and my build as it goes. I'd like to finish hinging ailerons and elevator tonight. Tomorrow, I plan on cutting the necessary holes in the covering, installing landing gear and hinging rudder.
Its been a tough few weeks... repairs repairs repairs...
I still have not gotten around to fiberglassing and putting the motor mount on the AMR Ultimate and my gear collapsed on my Diamante, folding under the wings and causing some aesthetic damage to the wing.
Then the micro bipe. With Glenford's help, I was able to get the proper size ez connectors for my piano wire and I started making connections. Of course during the process I broke the outter 3 holes off the only Futaba control horn I have so I am on the innermost hole with my rudder. I am now having trouble re-hinging my ailerons, but once complete we are ready to fly.
Only changes I have made so far were to reduce downward elevator travel to prevent binding. I had to lessen travel to 80%
Next up is the jet... this really is rtf. I have to drop in esc + motor and fan, button her up and she is good to fly.
MX2 still in the box, I ran out of room to build it.
I will post more pics once repairs/maintenence is complete. I wonder if I can finish and maiden these before the PCMA? We will see!
These are some great shots from the Jones Beach Airshow in NYC; I have not been able to find out who the photographer was, but the pictures came through Linda Maugeri from the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City, NY.
So I have been flying for a few years, I figured I would start to put up a few pics and comments.
I got into this hobby with a PZ brushed Super Decathalon, stepped into the T-28 and the rest was history. I have been through many planes over the last few years, but the ones that will always stand out are:
Parkzone T-28, my first 4-channel and it gave me my wings.
E-flite P-38, my first twin and one of the best flying planes I've had. I flew this way too early in my hobby and ended up putting it in the trees at about 60 mph...I enjoyed it so much I did a second one using two 450s instead of the two 480s I had on the first.
Electrifly Sopwith Camel, beautiful plane when flown at the right speed, handles well and lands easy.
Currently, I am flying a Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR and just completed an E-flite Diamonte 25e. The PA was maidened 5/25/2010 and things went better than I ever expected, this is a truely spectacular plane that can huck and fly pattern without any set up changes (I did not even have to move the CG!).
I hope to maiden the Diamonte in the next week and I also have a few other projects in the works including a Hobby Lobby F-35 with the 360 thrust vectoring, it should be exciting...