I thought I would share my story to this point. I find it amazing that in one year (Dec. 2013 to Dec. 2014) I went from barely capable of flying my 3 channel HobbyZone Super Cub, to a beginning 3D pilot. Wow!
1) 13yo, gets hobbyzone super cub for christmas......2012 i think?
2) trouble flying it alot, put on shelf for around 6 months
3) get back to flying, modify it to brushless 4 ch.
4) still trouble
5) put it away again for another 6 mo.
6) get back into it, still crashing but getting better
7) christmas 2013.....get a dx6i
8) finally crest hill of newbiness
9) march 2014.......get PZ fw190
10) crashed about 4 times, put it away
11) recivied 40" EPP edge and parts for generous members quad, camoy, UDO999, thank you also. around may i think
get sport cub, died late june due to servo failure
13) watts 2014, end of july, meet alex schauer
14) amazing pilot^^^
15) crashed fw190, wing failure, not a pilot issue
16) late july, birthday, turn 16, get an edf and acrowot. crashed epp edge here, too low exit from KE spin, learned a lesson here
17) flew the crud out of the acrowot, hundreds of flights, no crashes
18) bought 47 extra from alex along with 58" edge
19) still flying the crud out of the 47
20) late november, 58 edge, 7th flight, crash (partly me flying with one aileron, part me bieng to anxious to fly, partially condition and location, failed harrier turnaround in a tailwind.)
i was getting my hobbyzone super cub ready for float flying, so i was plasti-dipping all of the electronics and the connections. well when i was dipping the reciver, the silicon around the antenna wires came off. so i just put some shrink tubing on it, and used a lighter to light it, sitting right next to the open can of plastidip. this caused the plastidip to ignite, and my plane caught on fire, (in the middle of the basement, surrounded by paper and boxes) so i kinda just stared at it for a second like uuuuuhhhhh..... but then i tried to blow it out, but that made it worse so i carried the burning plane in one hand, and the burning can of plastidip in the other hand. kicked the door open and stopmed it out. anyways the fuse is like a cross section of the plane, only half of it is there, the floats are warped. even with the fusealage severely melted and half of it missing, im still going to try and fly it luckily the motor+esc is fine, so is the wing and tail, but i think te servos are toast. well i have no flyable planes now, so i dunno what im gonna do till i get them fixed. its gonna cost close to $100 to repair it. it was an interesting experience!
I'm going insane!! When flying is your obsession, you go into withdrawal. I haven't bought anything in 3 DAYS!! And I just bought a new plane! Parkzone focke wulf FW-190-A8. It looks AMAZING!!! I'm probably going insane due to I haven't been flying in a week, and I need to maiden 2 of my 3 planes ( the 3rd one is in a pile)
Spray painting is done. The black came out really sharp in the areas I wanted it to but bled on other areas. So I will touch it up switch some testors model paint when I get some. Next is to assemble the body and interior.
Got the body painted, snow kinda messed up the paint job on one side, but I'm out of green so I can live with it. There's this weird brown stuff on the paint that I have no idea what it is or where it came from. It looks like muddy water so I'm gonna keep it. Next I tape it up and paint black.
The gelande 2 build was fun, and it came on Friday, and I finished it monday. I was so exited building it i forgot to post build updates and packaging pics. I love it! Soon I will attempt the defender D90 body, and I will post an update then. Here are some pics.
So today I was outside looking for the UPS man, when I look over the lake, and notice a small seaplane flying, so I go down to check it out, sure enough, 2 old retired guys are flying seaplanes!! One had a Apprentice on floats and the other had a Flyzone Tidewater. So I go and talk to them, and they said they fly down at the soccer fields! They offer to lend me a sim and keep flying, and they tell me about a place about 8 miles south of town where a lot of giant scale and 3D gassers fly, and tell me about their p51. It was awesome! I live in a town of 11,000 and I to this point I was the only flyer I knew of In town so I had no advice, or training help. Now I do, and the best part is, one of the guys is my neighbour down the street, and I didn't even know he flew! Been an awesome day!