I bought it on Amazon and the guy says he will give e an exchange so I'm not worried about it.. but I would rather try to fix it,
I'm going to try a few things before I send it back. I'm going to run clear tape over buttons to see if that helps as I think it may be buttons bouncing off of the case, they seem "loose" on my Mobius.
If that isn't it, it may be microphone itself loose inside cam and intermittently knocking into side of case inside or maybe something else loose in there.
He says he has sold thousands and only one or two with issue similar to this but it was due to external power source (maybe USB cable?)- or something.
Running off battery in above clip.. Will produce mic pop with slightest movement or very small vibration, but sometimes it doesn't.
-and the motorcycle helmet mount that came with cam, with strap run through the slots after the one plastic piece removed from mount, it's totally silent. These pops have happened with different mount and no mount.
Check right as I go around corner.. Cam isn't vibrating that much and mount is making no noise. Being powered by USB cable and attached to headrest with a "Gorilla pod". Obviously not the best mount and if camera was complete still, this wouldn't happen, but cam should be able to take a little vibration without causing it's own noise internally.
Posted by BWX_ |
Aug 30, 2014 @ 04:20 AM | 2,253 Views
Well I did the assembly and adjusted all the clevises last night (Thurs, Aug 28th 2014). Did the maiden flights today (Fri).
The very first take-off was a little sketchy. I had no expo and wasn't used to the snappy ailerons, and it was almost bad. I recovered and next flight I dialed in 30% EXP on all the control surfaces and now it feels just right. I have really short sticks on my DX9.
Didn't get the first few flights on video, but I got the 4th and 5th (battery packs). I actually landed and took of more than once per pack.
From now on I'll call the pack a "flight".
The Old Sketchy Super Cub
I was up at my uncle's Harley shop a couple weeks ago and saw an old dirty foamy on a shelf. Turns out it was a Super Cub, I think HobbyZone..
It had been crashed a couple times (at least) and the light sensors for the crash technology were gone (probably a good thing).
The 8.4v NiMHd batts were old, but one had way more capacity than the other. I cycled the one that could only hold about 90 mAh at first about 20 times and I got that one up to about 650 mAh, it was listed as a 1000mAh batt.
The other one didn't need much cycling and after 4 or 5 cycles it held 1222 mAh.