Posted by Goody63 |
Jul 11, 2012 @ 01:57 AM | 3,166 Views
I swapped a HK Vampire for a LX A-10.
I'd actually arranged the sale of the A-10 from its original owner to the next guy (the one I got it off) but the 'new' owner was getting frustrated with getting it back in the air. Problems with the retracts, flap servos and ESC.
- replacing the NG steering servo and upgraded the EJF retracts (NG) to a trailing link (for grass fields)
- replacing the HK Dlux ESCs with SS 60-70amps (one of the Dlux ESCs was suss and also they were a very high profile), and
- replaced the flap servos with HXT900s (including a DIY reversed servo)
she was good to go!!!
Maiden flight was with a Nanotech 4000MAH 25C 6S (again trying to keep the weight down for grass) and she flew great.
During the video you'll see me doing my best to stall her () whilst I was mucking around with the flap setting on low throttle (but luckily at a high level).
I ended up selling her to make way for an incoming Starmax Skyraider (going backwards in aircraft development ) but very highly recommended (once the bugs are sorted).