Note the NYLON clevis on bottom connection. I replaced the metal flying wire clevises with nylon to minimize the change of the flying wires acting as antennae!

tailbracing_b_edited.jpg - 227.9 KB - Views: 607
Posted by: tailskid2 on Jul 19, 2006 05:47 AM
 Note the NYLON clevis on bottom connection. I replaced the metal flying wire clevises with nylon to minimize the change of the flying wires acting as antennae!
 
covering_finished_1_edited.jpg
Much more fuel proof.
<<
stab_bracing_edited.jpg
Metal clevis & rod used when connected to the rudder. The tailwheel arrangement placed NO stress on the rudder.
<
tailbracing_b_edited.jpg
*
rudder&elev_servos_edited.jpg
Elevator on the far side; the rudder servo in the middle; y-pushrod to each elevator half. Two elevator servos could've easily been done with one servo on each side of the rudder. The rudder servo must be centered for the pull-pull arrangement.
>
fuse_inside_2_edited.jpg
There was a lot of room in the front of the fuselage! If two elevator pushrods were used, the engine servo could be easily reassigned almost anywhere in the enormous fuselage cavity.
>>