I began by installing the servo mounting plates on the wing. No servo extensions were required, which was nice, but fishing the wires through the wing proved a little challenging.

p1030876.jpg - 125.6 KB - Views: 459
Posted by: kepople on Jul 19, 2006 05:47 AM
I began by installing the servo mounting plates on the wing. No servo extensions were required, which was nice, but fishing the wires through the wing proved a little challenging.
 
p1030690.jpg
Diagrams are in the back of the book. Copies or access to the website mentioned in the text would simply things significantly.
<<
p1030713.jpg
The foam is a real pleasure to work- very solid, and does not tear.
<
p1030876.jpg
*
p1030715.jpg
Next I cut the slots in the wing hinge line. This step freed up the surfaces dramatically after a little flexing back and forth. No gluing hinges is a very cool idea!
>
p1030716.jpg
Setting the wing/stab alignment required no sanding! What a rare treat! Everything aligned eggs-act-lee as it should have, no coaxing or sanding required. I used foam-safe CA rather than epoxy to attach the wing.
>>